Apply to become a CPS-ECP member
Our online form lets you complete a New Membership Request. The process allows you to Request a Family Membership — adding other family members to the application.
Both Members and Associates have access to the same Membership Benefits.
We also recognize certain course equivalences from the Sail Canada (Voile Québec), Institut Maritime du Québec, the United States Power Squadrons, Transport Canada Certified Professional Mariners, Navigators, etc. You must present copies of your course completion certificates to be considered for membership at CPS-ECP. CPS-ECP does admit holders of PCOCs from other organizations. View membership equivalencies.
A Member of CPS-ECP is an individual who is at least 19 years of age and who:
- has successfully completed a course prescribed* by the Board of Directors; or
- holds a valid Pleasure Craft Operator Certificate (PCOC)
- A Prescribed Course is any CPS-ECP course or equivalent as per the Competency Equivalence Table.
Membership Fees for those who meet the qualifications:
- $60.00 – First year and never been a member of Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons.
- $35.00 – Within 30 business days of completing a CPS-ECP course, first year and never been a member of Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons.
- $52.00 – Yearly Membership renewal, Family Head.
- $26.00 – Yearly Membership renewal for each additional Family Member.
- $10.00 – Pacific Mainland District added yearly charge for additional member benefit.
An Associate is an individual who is less than nineteen (19) years of age but meets all of the other requirements of becoming a Member, and has applied to be an Associate. Any Associate who reaches age nineteen (19) may apply to become a Member. Please note: while being an Associate means having all of the privileges of membership, except for voting rights and signing authority, an Associate is not a member of CPS-ECP.
Begin the Online Application Process
Former Student or Member?
Are you a former boating course or PCOC graduate? Do you already have a CPS-ECP profile? Login before beginning — this will simplify the membership application process.
*You must be atleast 19 years of age in order to apply for membership.
New User? Apply Here.
If you haven’t taken a course with CPS-ECP before or been a member of the organization previously, use this option to create your profile and apply.