The role of a Director of CPS-ECP (the Corporation) is a serious responsibility. The Directors shall manage or supervise the management of the activities and affairs of the Corporation (CPS-ECP). You will be expected to assist in determining the direction and operations of CPS-ECP. Many items will be required to remain confidential. You will be expected to act in the best interest of CPS-ECP, and you may find conflicts between these ‘best interests’, and the interests of your own Squadron or District. The following is a list of experiences, skills and attributes which will contribute to the selection of the best possible CPS-ECP Director candidates. This is not an all-inclusive list!
- Ability to get along with others, leadership qualities, experience, and initiative
- Ability to think independently, and not “follow the crowd”
- Breadth of CPS-ECP experience
- Interest in Boating Education – Grade achieved, taught one or more classes
- Evidence of administrative ability (within CPS-ECP or outside)
- Enthusiasm, time available, merit mark record, attendance at National or District meetings, National Committee experience
- Commitment to CPS-ECP , and passion for the CPS-ECP Mission
- Leadership record at Squadron and District levels
- Formal education
- Geographic location
- A thorough understanding of Squadron and District operations
- Completion of CPS-ECP ‘Officer Training’ seminar
All candidates applying for nomination as a Director of CPS-ECP are requested to complete and submit the following items of documentation:
- Director’s Application Form
- A current resumé or curriculum vitae (c.v.)
- Skills Self-Assessment questionnaire
- A ‘Statement of Vision’ of your personal short- and long-term future of CPS-ECP.
The above documents can be found on the CPS-ECP website and are available in hardcopy from our National Office.
All applications must be submitted to the chair of the Nominating Committee by March 1, 2020. Applications can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or in Hardcopy marked ‘Confidential’ to
Chair of the Nominating Committee
Canadian Power and Sail Squadrons
26 Golden Gate Court
Toronto ON M1P 3A5