Gabriola Power Squadron: Boating Courses

Interested? Please do contact our Squadron Educational Officer, Agathe Gaulin, by e-mail at

The Boating License is called Pleasure Craft Operating Card (PCOC), it is valid for LIFE!

A PCOC is required of all motorized boat operators, regardless of boat length or engine horsepower.

The Maritime Radio License is called Restricted Operator Certificate (Maritime) or ROC(M). It is also valid for LIFE!

The ROC(M)license is a Canadian Federal Government issued card that allows you to operate a marine VHF radio. The operator of a VHF radio on board is required to have marine radio certification ROC(M)

Both the PCOC course and the Marine Radio Course are an online self-study courses, under the direction of Agathe.  Contact Agathe and she will get back to you!