1) When prompted for a user name and password use vizaweb and vizaweb
2) Click on the frequent users link. You will see an image of North America with some control buttons on the right hand side. Across the top are a number of drop down menus.
- Product 1: LAM 2.5km West
- Run 1: It defaults to the latest run given in the format YYYYMMDDZZ, which for the LAM is either 06Z or 18Z. If it is within 6 hours of the latest run all the data may not be in so you may need to choose the previous run. The ZZ is for Zulu time (Greenwich) which is 8 hours ahead of PST.
- Domain 1: LAM Southwest BC (that covers most of the island and inner waters) or LAM Lower Mainland (which gives a more detailed view of our local waters)
- Category 1: Wind
- Images 1: Sfc wind
- Hours 1: All
The site will then display image 1, the first hour of the forecast.
4) Click the “>>” button in the Animation section on the right hand side to automatically show the 42 hours.
6) You can rewind, speed up, slow down the animation or go to a particular hour’s image.